My Dad and I are huge Duke fans and in January my parents and I got to go to our first game in Cameron Indoor Stadium! It was awesome!
In January, I also made my first cake for a paying customer.
A fun girl's night making jewelry and baking cupcakes with our sweet Burmese family for Moo Beh's birthday.
Off-roading with Hubbs in March. (the highlight here was surviving!) :)
Daniel and I ran our first half-marathon in April.
We had a surprise birthday party for Mom's 50th! May 2011
My awesome bro-in-law graduated from UT (Texas) in May. Hook'em!
We found the World's largest cinnamon roll in San Antonio, TX- May 2011
Our dear friends, John and Stef got married in Houston, May 2011
Bell Buckle Craft Show- June
Anniversary Trip to Mexico with my sweet hubby :)- July
One of my besties, Sarah and Tony's wedding in Austin- July
Summer Boat Days with some of my best girls!
Charleston, SC where my precious friend Nikki lives. . .
Charleston with Daniel. . .
and my sweet family :)- August
My cousin, Emily's wedding- September 2011
Asheville, NC with Daniel's parents- October
Since I recently posted on Thanksgiving and Christmas I won't add any photos from those. It was a very busy and fun year with so many wonderful celebrations! The Lord used both the good and bad times throughout the year to teach me so many things. One of which is that He is in control and never changes no matter what our circumstances are. When things are abundant, lonely, happy, sad, hard, or easy, He is God, the one true hope!
I guess it is resolution time. . . while I have never been big on strict rules such as no sweets for a year or whatnot, I do have some things I really want to work on this year. There is something so fresh and encouraging about a new beginning and I'm so thankful that God gives us new beginnings and second chances. Here are a few of my resolutions:
1) Read more. In grade school I remember liking to read and reading books in a day or two but I think that college ruined me on liking to read. Aside from my Bible, I rarely read. There are so many books on my list to so here's to reading in 2012.
2) Make some more specific goals for my business, Claudie Belle Designs and where I want to be by the end of 2012.
3) Grow in my relationship with Christ. I want to be better about having my daily quiet time and have deeper and more meaningful conversations. I want to learn to pray more specifically and expect God to do big things according to His plan.
4) Be a better friend. Living far away from most of your best friends can be very hard as far as keeping in contact as well as you would like. I want to make a better effort to communicate and love on the people in my life as well as reach out to those around me more.
5) Find an area to serve. Daniel and I have been working with a Burmese refugee family here in Nashville for about 2 years and they are to the point where they are very independent now. I want to pray for and seek out another area to serve in our church and community.
Those are some of the things I want to work on this year! What are some of your resolutions?
Happy New Year!