background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

3 Seams


Last week really got away from me and I did not get a chance to post at all, but I wanted to tell you about a great nonprofit that I learned about last week.  Over the past year, the Lord has really given my husband and I a heart for missions.  Now we don't know exactly what that looks like yet, but we were recently connected with some other couples in our church who share similar passions.  One of the sweet girls that I met has a friend who started this nonprofit, 3 Seams.  She had a trunk show last week that I went to and got to learn a lot about her heart and how she got started.

This idea has really sparked my interest because it has to do with sewing, one of my passions.  3 Seams currently has 4 seamstresses who sew dresses in Haiti.  They are paid for every item they make.  The dresses are sold here and for each dress you buy, a child in Haiti gets a dress.  I like to compare it to the Toms shoes idea.  I really love the idea of using your passions to help provide a lasting skill that people can always have and building relationships with them along the way.  Through the Lord and investing in others things can really change for the better!  

I hope you will take a minute and check out the 3 Seams site!  

Thanks!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment