background

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Square Review


For those of you who know me, you know that I'm not always up on the latest technology, but I finally got my first smartphone, an iphone a couple of months ago and I love it!  I'm still learning all of the things you can do with it and it is unreal! 

One reason I really wanted one is so I could accept credit card payments at my craft shows.  I found that I usually missed out on several sales because I was a cash only booth.  The app is called Square and it's free!  I was pretty skeptical at first that there were going to be hidden fees involved but I was wrong!  Square charges 2.75% per transaction with no monthly fees and that's it!

Simply go to the Square website here and sign up.  Make sure and download the app on your phone or ipad.  They will mail you a square reader in the mail that plugs into the headphone spot on your phone. 

When you have a purchase:

1) Open the Square app
2) Type in the amount
3) Swipe the credit card
4) Have the customer sign or initial on your phone or ipad screen
5) Option to email a receipt to your customer

Another great thing about Square is that you can link your account up to your bank account and they will deposit your money into the bank without you having to manually do it.

I definitely recommend Square to small up and coming businesses!  It is a great, cost effective way to accomodate more customers. 

Have you ever payed with or used Square before?  What are your thoughts about it?


Ashley :)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment