background

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Reason for the Season


I had no idea it had been two weeks since I last blogged!  December is quickly slipping by and there has been so much going on!  Even when my time is filled with good things it is easy to shift my focus from Christ and onto everything I have to acomplish.  This is an update of the past few weeks and and a reminder (which I'm reminding myself of daily) to find moments to be still even in the busy! 

Our Nashville Thanksgiving was wonderful this year!  We spent it with my parents who came in from Texas and our dear friends Lisa and Jason who are moving to Texas in less than a week. 


The following Tuesday I participated in an open house where I was able to sell some of my products and make some great contacts! 

Saturday, the 3rd we had a "Hello Houston" fiesta for Lisa and Jason because we all refuse to say goodbye.  It was a sweet time where our whole group of friends were able to get together to celebrate Jason and Lisa and fellowship.  I will do a seperate post on the party with an easy how-to for a photo booth you can set up at any party!


Last Monday and Tuesday I had a booth at the Green Hills YMCA Holiday Marketfest!  I met some great people and had a good couple days of sales!
A new necklace design by Claudie Belle Designs

This weekend, the hustle and bustle did not let up.  Friday night was Daniel's work Christmas party at the Wildhorse Saloon in downtown Nashville and Saturday and Sunday were spent celebrating Christmas with sweet friends!  Saturday morning, Lisa, our little hostess with the mostess put on a wonderful Brunch/Bunco/Ornament Exchange at her home for our group of girls!
 

In the midst of all the busyness especially during this time of year it is often a battle to slow down and keep Jesus in the center of our hearts!  I have really been convicted of that this year and it is my daily prayer to keep my eyes and focus on Him!  After all, He is the real reason for the season! 


Thank you for allowing me to catch up! 

Ashley 


No comments:

Post a Comment