background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Day Before Thanksgiving



Another year has come and gone and my how it has flown!  As Thanksgiving is just a day away, here is so much to be thankful for not just at this time of year but every day! 

I am thankful for my sweet hubby.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for friends near and far.
I am thankful for our wonderful church home.
I am thankful for a roof over my head.
I am thankful for food to eat.
I am thankful for every small thing that is necessary to live that I so often take for granted.
I am most thankful for what Christ has done for us and the relationship He pursues with us!

This year is a Nashville Thanksgiving.  My parents are almost here, the hubs is off of work, and our great friends will be joining us for Thanksgiving dinner!  While we will definitely miss the rest of our family and friends, it is wonderful to have loved ones together!  I am going to be honest though, I am really going to miss my Grannie's chocolate pie and my Nannie and Grannie's stuffing!  While it probably won't come close to Grannie, I am going to attempt her Chocolate Pie recipe!  Stay tuned to see how it turns out!  And I can't wait to taste what our friend's Lisa and Jason bring!  Lisa is a cajun cooking queen and always makes the best dishes! 

Also, coming up this week Ginger Snap Crafts is hosting a giveaway for one of my distressed frames on her blog this Friday, November 25th!  Check out her blog Friday to enter! 



I am also participating in I Heart Nap Time's  Crazy Christmas Shopping event from Friday to Sunday the 25th-27th!  Check it out to get a discount code for my etsy shop! 


I pray that you all have a happy Thanksgiving and soak up every minute with family and friends!  What are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes??

Blessings,
Ashley :)



No comments:

Post a Comment