background

Friday, June 17, 2011

Moon Pie Madness

The "madness" which has actually become a huge blessing started long before this eve of Bell Buckle, Tennessee's annual RC Cola and Moon Pie Festival. 

My sweet hubby and I moved to Middle Tennessee almost two years ago after graduating college and getting married.  Shortly after the move I began a temporary position and after completing my assignment there began to search for other jobs.  After a lot of prayer and the Lord closing several other doors, I began to pursure my life-long passion: crafting.  As far back as I can remember I have been making anything and everything I could think of.  I come from a long line of creative women who craft, sew, and bake like nobody's business.  My business name Claudie Belle Designs was actually my great grandmother's name.  Now I didn't have the joy and priviledge of knowing her very well because she developed alzheimers and was in the nursing home from my earliest memories of her, but through stories from my parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles she was a pretty amazing lady.  She definitely had a huge impact on those close to her and her memory lives on. 

As far as my small business goes, I have been getting my feet wet for the past year, but just in the last few months I decided it was time to go all in and see where the Lord takes it.  I have been filling orders for several of my husband's coworkers, making anything from baby blankets and bibs to a fondant Cars cake for our friend's son's birthday.  I have had a booth at a couple of Nashville's flea markets, a fall festival, and the Christmas Sampler in Springfield, TN.  Ever since we moved here, we have heard nothing but wonderful things about the adorable little town of Bell Buckle.  They have two pretty big festivals every year so I decided to apply.  After getting accepted, I began to work a normal work schedule to try to make up as many items as I could.  I should really start paying my husband and parent's for their work too!  They have done so much and mom and dad are even here for the weekend to help and visit of course!  So the past several weeks have truly been madness but in a good way.  I am very excited about this opportunity and nervous at the same time.  I know this business and all my endeavors are in God's hands so I will trust Him and strive to follow where He leads. 

With this blog, I hope to keep you updated on what Claudie Belle Designs is up to with new items, shows, tutorials, and guest bloggers.  Thanks for visiting my blog and if I met you at the Moon Pie Festival, thanks so much for coming!  So raise your RC Colas and let the Moon Pie madness begin.

Ashley :)

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting time in your life! Looking forward to reading about the business and seeing your crafty pieces. :)

    Do you have an etsy account?

    ReplyDelete